August 7, 2008

By Jove, I think it works!

I mixed the fuel additive in the gas tank of the Durango last Saturday August 2nd. Since that time I have driven 230 miles. Most of is was normal driving about half freeway and the rest surface streets. I was driving back from auto auction when I made a bad decision and turned north on 7th st from Buckeye road. Traffic was moving normally until I got to the bridge next to Chase Field. Little did I know that there had been an early baseball game that day. It took 4 signal lights to get past the traffic light and onto the bridge because there were so many baseball fans heading north on 7th st. Normally from that point it should take about 5 to 7 minutes to get to our sales lot. That afternoon it took almost 30 minutes because there were so many cars on the road. I am sure this had a bad effect on the fuel mileage.

Lo and behold. The two mileage readings I took with the HHO generator attached to the car were just under 12
MPG. When I filled up the tank this evening it took 17.43 gallons and I covered 230 miles.
The MPG had risen to 13.19 I am sure it would have been a trifle better if I hadn't gotten stuck in traffic.

We will be trying this magic potion in several other vehicles next week. From wht I have heard, I believe that there will be an improvement in mileage on these vehicles too.

No comments: